Tasty Energy Bites
I hardly eat protein bars or energy bites, but the ones that were provided at my job, made by our RD, I absolutely enjoyed. It did not taste chalky or grainy. With protein and fiber ingredients blended together you are good to go for a mini snack!
With these 5 ingredients, you too can make and enjoy a healthy and tasty energy bite to go!
- 1 cup of mejoles dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame butter)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Place dates in a food processor and pulse for approximately 30 seconds until it looks like a paste (you may need to add a few tablespoons of water)
- Melt tahini and chocolate chips in a small glass microwave- safe bowl in the microwave on HIGH for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the microwaved tahini and chocolate chips to the dates in the food processor, and pulse until well blended.
- Add Rice Krispies to the food processor and pulse a few times to mix them with the blend. (Do not crush them)
- Using a wet tablespoon, scoop blend of ingredients out of the processor and roll into small balls in the palm of your hand (wet hands make process easier)
- Roll balls in sesame seeds, then store in fridge or freezer. Can be stored for up to 1 week