Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
Another trusted nutritious and delicious recipe to try! My mama found this recipe, whipped it up and of course sent it my way to share! Delicious!
Of course with any recipe, ingredients can be optional or substituted. With that being said, this particular recipe comes with many ingredients but if needed to be changed up a bit, still ranks a nutritious and delicious way to go.
Orange Poppy Seed Dressing:
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ c. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 3 T. honey
- ⅓ c. orange juice
- 2 t. poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. penne noodles, cooked
- 2 c. packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 c. sliced strawberries
- 1 c. pineapple chunks
- ¼ c. dried cranberries or dried blueberries
- ½ c. salted cashews, pecans or walnuts
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions, about 10-13 minutes; drain; set aside.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar or shaker; cover; shake well; set aside.
- Combine cooked penne, spinach, strawberries, pineapple, cranberries and nuts in a large bowl; toss well with dressing.
Serve immediately or cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.