When my chef Mom makes a dish and it’s really good, she will call me up to let me know about it. Then she will follow up with a photo. 🤣
My Mom is one to follow a lot of recipes she comes across and then may add her own twist to it.
ghis time around, there was no recipe she followed. She literally tossed something together.
She knew it would be a pasta based dished, but what she would use to create this meal would depend on what she had in the kitchen.
Well, what she put together most have been worthy enough to give me a call because she could not stop talking about it! She just started tossing in ingredients she felt would go well together.
Here is her simple yet complementary ingredients list of what you’ll need:
- Whole grain penne pasta (cook al dente)
- Sauteed onions
- minced garlic
- red peppers
- baby bella mushrooms
- Diced no salt tomatoes
- EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Herbs and spices (Seasonings: garlic powder, italian herbs, rosemary, basil, black pepper, sea salt)
- Cook the penne pasta in one pot while preparing all other ingredients are cooked in another.
- Cook Penne pasta al dente
- All other ingredients, herbs and spices are cooked together in the EVO. Throw the kale in last as it cooks down quickly.
- Once the ingredients are cooked to your likely (not too cooked), throw the al dente penne pasta in and toss it all up!
- Ready to eat!!😋