This is for oatmeal lovers!!! I was never an oatmeal fan growing up because of the consistency of it. Although oatmeal is still not a favorite of mine, I HAVE grown to like it enough to make a bowl. I guess I can say I have matured my pallet.
Here is a healthy and fulfilling oatmeal recipe Registered Dietitian, Molly Linek has to share with YOU!!
By Molly Linek
PANTRY STAPLES USED: Coconut Flour, Shredded Coconut, Flax Meal, Vanilla, Cinnamon,
● 1 cup milk of choice
● 3 T coconut flour
● 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
● 2 T flax meal
● 1/2 tsp vanilla
● 1/2 tsp cinnamon
● 1 apple
● 1/4 cup pecans chopped, or any nut
● 2-4 tsp honey optional
1. Heat 1c milk (or water) in saucepan over med heat. Add the following: 3T coconut flour + 1/4c shredded coconut + 2T flax meal + 1/2tsp vanilla + 1/2tsp cinnamon.
2. Cook 1-2min until soft.
3. Slice 1 apple.
4. Divide porridge into 2 bowls top each w/ the following: 2T chopped pecans + 1/4-1/2
apple slices (depending on size of the apple) + 1-2tsp honey.
5. This grain-free oatmeal is full of healthy fats and protein. It provides such a comforting breakfast without any grains. But you can always use old fashioned oats!