My mom found another recipe that was worth giving a try and sharing! I’ve never had fettuccine sauce made like this!
Let me tell ya…. it was goooooood!
My daughter wanted to hand me the bowl, and say Bon appetit, but instead said Don’t la petit with a smile on her face 🤣
I knew what she meant but it was so cute!
Here are the details!
Recipe by Ellie Krieger
Total time: ~37 minutes
Prepping time: ~12 minutes
Cooking time: ~25 minutes
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- (1) 18 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese or 6 oz block
- 1 lb of whole-wheat fettuccine
- sea salt (or kosher), black pepper and parsley, to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium to high heat.
- Saute onion and garlic cloves until they are tender, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted red peppers and saute until heated through. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Place mixture in the bowl of a food processor with your choice of stock and all but 2 tablespoons of the feta cheese.
- Process the mixture until combined and smooth, for about 30 seconds. Cook fettuccine as directed form its box.
- Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of water from the pasta. Toss pasta with mixture that has become the sauce, adding 1/2 cup of water by the teaspoon, if needed. Sauce mixture should cling nicely to the fettuccine.
- Season with salt, pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons of feta cheese.