MAKE LUNCH AN INTERNATIONAL EVENT!
Recipe provided by MOLLY LINEK, MPH, RD
“Toss the PB&J and add adventure to your lunches! Far from boring, these sandwiches and salads are worth looking forward to without taking up too much time. More importantly, they are nutritious, easy to make, and can repurposed leftovers!”
For the Pork and Cabbage:
● 1 pound ground pork
● 1 teaspoon sesame oil
● 1/2 cup scallions (sliced, whites and greens divided)
● 1 (14-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
● 3 cloves garlic (minced)
● 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
● 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
● 1 tablespoon ground ginger (or freshly grated)
● Optional: 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Spicy Chili Sauce:
● 1/4 cup MAYO
● 2 tablespoons garlic chili paste
● 1/4 teaspoon salt
Garnish: sesame seeds and CRISPY WONTONS
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground pork,
sesame oil, and the whites of the scallions to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently and breaking up the pork, for about 5 minutes or until the meat is browned and cooked through.
3. Add the scallion greens, coleslaw mix, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and ground ginger to the pan and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the cabbage is just tender. Add the crushed red pepper flakes (if using).
4. Gather the ingredients for the spicy chili sauce.
5. In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic chili paste, and salt.
6. Place the sauce in a piping bag or a plastic bag and drizzle the mayo over
the top of the cooked ground pork and cabbage mixture. Garnish with more scallions and sesame seeds.