Recipe provided by Registered Dietitian, Molly Linek:
Seriously so EASY!!!!!! You wont believe it tastes so good!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 9 – 12 bars
● 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
● 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
● 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
● 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
● 1/4 tsp salt
● 2 cups quick oats
● 1/4 cup cocoa powder
● Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment or wax. Set aside.
● Stir together the first three ingredients.
● Gently heat until the oil is melted and peanut butter is easily stir-able.
● Whisk in the vanilla extract and salt, stirring until completely smooth.
● Stir in the quick oats and cocoa powder until evenly coated.
● Smooth into the prepared pan, and press down with a spoon as hard as you can. Really pack it in.
● Freeze until firm enough to cut. Leftovers can stay out a few hours, but I like to keep them in the freezer for optimum freshness, where they last a few weeks.