Recipe provided by Registered Dietitian, Molly Linek
CEMITAS: PUERTA RICAN PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
● 1 cemita bun (or other round sesame seed)
● 1 tablespoon canned adobo sauce
● 2 canned chipotle peppers, sliced into strips
● 1/4 cup cooked Mexican pulled pork (TRADER JOES PREMADE)
● 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
● 1/4 cup shredded Mexican string cheese, queso Oaxaca
● 4 slices tomato
● 1/2 small avocado, sliced
Gather the ingredients.
-Begin by splitting the cemita in half with a serrated knife.
-Using the back of a spoon, press down on the interior sides of the bun so little indented pockets form to hold all the sandwich ingredients in.
-Add a half tablespoon of adobo sauce to each side of the bun and then add half the chipotle peppers on top of each half as well.
-Add the pork to the bottom half of the bun and then add the papalo (or cilantro), queso Oaxaca, tomato, and avocado to the top half.
-Close the sandwich and wrap tightly in butcher paper.
-Slice it down the middle and serve.