Recipe provided by Registered Dietitian, Molly Linek.
She guarantees you’ll like this one 😋
● 3 cups cauliflower florets chopped small
● 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
● 1 1/2 cup milk of choice
● 3 tbsp flour
● optional 2 tbsp butter
● 1/2 tsp salt and dash pepper if desired
● 2 cups Extra sharp Cheddar cheese
● 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs gf if desired
● 2 tsp oil buttery spread, or oil spray
● optional nutritional yeast as desired (2 tbs)
Boil the water in a large pot. Add cauliflower and macaroni; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until macaroni is al dente. Drain; return to saucepan, and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 pan.
In a medium pot, stir milk, flour, optional butter, and salt with a whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
Combine sauce and pasta mixture, stirring and breaking up any large cauliflower pieces. Taste, and season as desired.
Add a pinch of nutmeg and nutritional yeast.
Smooth into the 8×8 pan. Toss breadcrumbs with the 2 tsp buttery spread or spray with oil. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of the pan. Bake on the center rack for 30-40 minutes or until edges are bubbly and breadcrumbs are golden.