This healthy meal share goes out to those who like/love Asian inspired food!
Be inspired to make this Asian dish in your kitchen!
What you’ll need:
Side note: As mentioned in previous nutritious and delicious posts ingredients listed below Are what make up the dish. With that being said not all ingredients are required and can be optional or substituted for another healthy ingredient, taste then, will differ.
- chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon EVO
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Put the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, honey, sesame oil and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.