It’s always a delight when a Registered Dietitian comes by with a recipe they’ve made and wants to share.
You could literally smell the aroma when she opened the box… the smell of deliciousness.
The Apple cinnamon cake was the size that for the inside of the palm of my hand.
It tasted great! The cinnamon and soft apple flavor was perfect.
Here is a Fall treat, to give a try.
As I’ve mentioned in other nutritious and delicious blog posts, when it comes to preparing a nutritious and delicious recipe in YOUR kitchen you have control of the amount that is put into ingredients compared to if you were at a restaurant.
you are free to substitute another option that may be better for you OR add more or less of an ingredient. With experience, I’ve done both.
Here is the directions and ingredients of how this Registered Dietitian, Kristina Jenny made her Cinnamon-Apple Cake:
What you will need:
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup of Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of All purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped and skinned Apples
- .02 tablespoons of non-stick cooking spray
It is noted by Kristina that she used Granny Smith and Gala were used in her recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 Beat 1 1/2 cups of sugar, butter, vanilla, and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended approx. 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Combine 2 tablespoons cinnamon mixture and apple in a bowl, and stir apple mixture into batter.
- Pour batter into a 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool the cake completely on a wire rack and cut using a serrated knife.
NOTE- You can make this cake in a 9-inch square cake pan or a 9-inch springform pan. Just reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes.
Serving Size- 1 piece